The Alesis 3632 Compressor builds on the popular design and features of its predecessor. This easy-to-use unit provides two independent full-featured compressor/ limiters in one compact rack space with excellent sonic quality for any application from studio recording to live sound or broadcast.
The 3632's compressor attack and release times can be automatically set dependent on the source material, or full manual control can be exercised. The unit can function as either two separate processors, or stereo linked to provide true stereo compression. An adjustable expander/gate and very low distortion Voltage Control Amplifiers (VCA) deliver smooth sound.
A sidechain function allows the 3632 Compressor to be placed in an external effects loop, while a second, internal sidechain employs a switchable low-cut filter to help control pumping due to heavy low-frequency content. LED meters on each channel display gain reduction and input/output levels.
The Attack and Release functions allow the user to set the general operating range and then automatically adapt to the audio being processed. A full auto mode is also available. The ultra-precise LED meters while two LED meters clearly display the gain reduction for each channel.
Here are just a few of the MDX4600's outstanding capabilities:
- Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) - provides program-adaptive compression, combining all the advantages of both hard and soft-knee compression
- Enhancer - lets you emphasize the Bass, Midrange and Hi output at selectable frequencies for maximum punch, clarity and detail - without raising overall volume
- IGC (Interactive Gain Control) - combines clipper and program limiter for reliable, inaudible protection against signal peaks
- De-Esser - "must-have" tool with switchable male/female voice recognition for reducing sibilance, while preserving natural voice timbre - often used to enhance upper-mid, to high-frequency smoothness in vocals, drum overheads, strings, etc.
- Side Chain - allows insertion of graphic/parametric EQ to reduce specific frequencies - also often used to "tighten up" tracks using an internal or external signal to trigger compression, or gating of signal being processed (ex. using bass guitar signal to un-gate kick drum)
- Stereo Couple - links 1/2 and 3/4 channels, allowing dials and switches of Channels 1 and 3 to provide dynamics control over Channels 2 and 4, respectively (true stereo processing)
The MDX4600 features amazingly-accurate, 8-segment LED meters for In/Out Level and Gain Reduction, switchable +4 dBu or -10 dBV operating level, Side Chain I/O, and servo-balanced XLR and 14 " Inputs and Outputs. Best of all, the MULTICOM PRO-XL MDX4600 takes up just a single rackspace.
The incredible MDX4600 is the ideal solution for becoming the master of your dynamics. With its flexible routing options, all the I/O you could ask for, plus a host of other professional features - the MDX4600 is an exceptional tool for your live shows - and an absolute "must-have" for your studio!
An enhancer on each channel helps restore high frequencies under heavy compression.
Also useful for protecting loudspeakers by curtailing the output once it reaches a preset threshold level.
The gate helps to reduce noise in silent passages.
The DBX 166XS brings a completely new level of compressor/gate performance within everyones reach. It uses advanced gate circuitry to yield ultrasmooth release characteristics, no matter how complex the signals. The stereo couple mode with True RMS power summing produces a solid image, even with high compression. Full sidechain functionality. With Hard Knee or OverEasy compression algorithms.