Notes: The reference-class MDX4600 is a marvellous 4-channel Expander/Gate/Compressor/Peak Limiter that is ideal for: compressing mono/stereo signals and providing virtually inaudible noise suppression, without loss of high frequencies; increasing vocal presence and energy; and limiting, or smoothing out extremely-high signal peaks. Additionally, the MDX4600 features an integrated Dynamic Enhancer, De-Esser, and Low-Contour filter to provide the ultimate in signal enrichment. Put simply, the MDX4600 can do amazing things for your vocals or instruments - providing virtually everything you need for studio-quality dynamics processing! … Read more
Here are just a few of the MDX4600's outstanding capabilities:
- Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) - provides program-adaptive compression, combining all the advantages of both hard and soft-knee compression
- Enhancer - lets you emphasize the Bass, Midrange and Hi output at selectable frequencies for maximum punch, clarity and detail - without raising overall volume
- IGC (Interactive Gain Control) - combines clipper and program limiter for reliable, inaudible protection against signal peaks
- De-Esser - "must-have" tool with switchable male/female voice recognition for reducing sibilance, while preserving natural voice timbre - often used to enhance upper-mid, to high-frequency smoothness in vocals, drum overheads, strings, etc.
- Side Chain - allows insertion of graphic/parametric EQ to reduce specific frequencies - also often used to "tighten up" tracks using an internal or external signal to trigger compression, or gating of signal being processed (ex. using bass guitar signal to un-gate kick drum)
- Stereo Couple - links 1/2 and 3/4 channels, allowing dials and switches of Channels 1 and 3 to provide dynamics control over Channels 2 and 4, respectively (true stereo processing)
The MDX4600 features amazingly-accurate, 8-segment LED meters for In/Out Level and Gain Reduction, switchable +4 dBu or -10 dBV operating level, Side Chain I/O, and servo-balanced XLR and 14 " Inputs and Outputs. Best of all, the MULTICOM PRO-XL MDX4600 takes up just a single rackspace.
The incredible MDX4600 is the ideal solution for becoming the master of your dynamics. With its flexible routing options, all the I/O you could ask for, plus a host of other professional features - the MDX4600 is an exceptional tool for your live shows - and an absolute "must-have" for your studio!