Moog Minimoog Model D Synthesizer
ParcelForce, FedEx, Royal Mail
For the first time since 1981, Moog Music has officially resumed production of the Minimoog Model D. The Minimoog Model D was the world's first portable synthesizer and served as the archetype for all electronic keyboards that followed. First released in the early 1970's, the instrument gained worldwide acclaim for combining the colossal sound of Moog's large-format modular synthesizers with the accessibility of pre-wired modules. Over the last 40 years, some of the world's most influential artists like Trent Reznor, Gary Numan, Dr. Dre, Keith Emerson and Herbie Hancock have shaped their unique sounds and forged new musical genres using the Minimoog Model D. This valuable sonic tool is now made available to veteran synthesists and the next generation of electronic pioneers.
Each newly built Minimoog Model D is lovingly handcrafted by the employee-owners at the Moog Factory in Asheville, NC. This 3-oscillator, monophonic, analog synthesizer is securely housed in a locally-sourced Appalachian hard-wood enclosure and hand-finished aluminium chassis. The circuit boards retain the exact component placement and through-hole design of a beloved 1970's era Minimoog Model D.
Though no changes have been made to the original sound engine or audio signal path, the Minimoog Model D now includes a series of popular functional modifications that expand this legendary instrument's sonic capabilities. These modifications include a premium Fatar keybed with velocity and after pressure available via top panel CV jacks, a dedicated analog LFO with triangle and square waveshapes, CV outputs for pitch, gate, velocity and after pressure, basic MIDI integration, and a mixer overload modification, which when engaged, allows the Minimoog Model D to conjure thicker and far more overdriven sounds than before.
- 3 vintage Moog oscillators
- Classic Moog low pass ladder filter with resonance
- Analog circuit boards recreated using original designs and component placement
- Custom reissued transistors critical to sound quality and character
- Military spec precision resistors
- Precision Linear System matched JFETs in oscillators
- Classic thermoset, knurled pitch and mod wheels
- CV Modifications: outputs added for Pitch, Aftertouch, Velocity and Gate (Aftertouch and Velocity have dedicated output level attenuators)
- Modulation Modifications: analog Triangle/Square wave LFO and Filter Envelope added as modulation sources, as well as an External Modulation CV input
- Overload Modification: the output of the Minimoog Model D is automatically scaled and fed back to the External Audio Input for instantly available overdrive
- Improved circuit board connectors for touring reliability
- Fatar TP-9 keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- MIDI in, out and thru
|Keyboard Type||Fatar TP-9 keybed with velocity and aftertouch|
|Inputs||1x 1/4" (external signal in)|
|Outputs||2x 1/4" (high, low), 1x 1/4" (headphones)|
|Dimensions (mm)||727 x 435 x 146|
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Gifts purchased between 30 November and 24 December may be returned by Friday 6 January 2016”.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST MUSIC STORE: 5 TIME WINNERS